Scenes from Bloomsbury Sunday 14:11 - It isn't everyday when you find a working fridge freezer for £35 outside your front door... Not surprinsingly (as Londoners love a bargain), within an hour it was sold... Just in time to beat the heavy afternoon rains that would have probably rendered it less useful...
In another curiousity the central heating came on this week in the building... Apparently winter is here even if it isn't... It made me wonder whether:
- The other residents of the building are fearful of temperatures below 15 degrees,
- The authority that runs the building gets a good deal on the gas used to heat the boilers,
- The other residents missed the furnace-like atmosphere of the stairwells over the past three months when the heating was turned off,
- The basement rats turned it on after eating their way through everything else down there,
- The authority that runs the building doesn't have any idea as to what it is doing, or
- All of the above.